Mothers are not usually hard to shop for. Most moms want jewelry, flowers, or maybe a spa day. Homesteading moms just don’t. I don’t know many of us that need or want random jewelry. And while I love flowers, I would prefer a plant for the house, garden or even a fruit tree. Most of the time homesteading moms want practical things like a new pocket knife or goats. If they don’t want practical, they probably want something that is a splurge but not too “splurgy”. If you are confused, welcome to the club. Below are my top 15 homesteading mama, mother’s day gift ideas.
Top 15 Gifts For Mother’s Day
- Flowers- Most homesteading mamas aren’t interested in a bouquet of flowers. Sure, they’re nice. But a lot of us prefer to watch them grow and clip the ones we want and save the rest. Check out this assortment of Peonies from Eden Brothers. If she likes more elegant flowers these lilies are beautiful.
- Seeds– I absolutely love getting seeds for mother’s day. I love getting my hands in the dirt and playing. Normally by Mother’s day, my garden is in and I don’t need much else. That doesn’t mean that there’s not room for a few more items.
- Coffee Plant– I don’t drink soda anymore but I drink an embarrassing amount of coffee. Having my own coffee plant would be amazing. AND they ship right in time for Mother’s Day.
- Tea Plant- If she’s not a fan of coffee and tea is more her speed, try this tea plant also from Territorial Seed Company
- Knives- Now I LOVE my knives. I really like the knives from Smokey Mountain Knife Works because they have so many different kinds. Right now I have my eye on this one, this one and this one. All for different reasons obviously.
- Cupcakes in Jars– Seriously who doesn’t love a cupcake! These cute cupcakes are absolutely delicious and I order them pretty regularly. I love the carrot cake and s’mores.
- Complete Guide To Pressure Canning– Seriously, this cookbook is amazing. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a advanced canner, these recipes are to die for and are laid out beautifully. I omit the clear gel or other bulking agents and will either add a roux later or eat it as soup.
- The Prairie Homestead Cookbook– I have tried many, MANY recipes out of this book and it will not disappoint! The Cowboy Burgers are a family favorite.
- The Homestead Canning Cookbook– This one is another favorite. If you can’t tell I love cookbooks and canning cookbooks are at the top of the list.
- Rebel Canners Cookbook– Now this one I will give with a warning. If you are new to canning, scared of canning, etc. This may not be the book for you. Personally, I have been canning for almost a decade and feel that I understand the science behind it enough to know what is safe and what’s not. I also understand that I take that risk. BUT, people have been preserving foods for thousands of years and it’s not been till recently that there is an issue. So do your own research.
- Garden Auger– This thing is amazing! I will always drill holes for the garden now. I bought it on a recommendation and have zero regrets.
- 3 year planner– This is essential for any homesteader to have a quick at a glance look of what they did, how it worked, and plans for the following year. Mine is crammed full of notes, post its, and random sheets of paper. But I know what happened in 2021 and what the plan is for 2023.
- Animals- Rarely can you go wrong with new animals, especially baby ones. I don’t know many women that don’t love baby creatures. Chicks, ducklings, goat kids, you name it. But please make sure that it’s something that she wants!
- Cast Iron– You seriously can’t go wrong with cast iron when you have practical homesteading mama. I love cast iron and the weirder the better.
- All American 941– has been on my list for years and if someone was to buy it for me, I would seriously keep them stocked in soups, stews and all the goodies. That prices tag is steep but they will literally last you forever.
This is simply my list and I know plenty of homesteading mamas that would love to have anything on this list for Mother’s Day. Most of them would love to have something on this for any holiday or just because gift. So treat your mama right this year!
If you like this post feel free to share it on your social media and follow us on the social medial links below! And don’t forget to subscribe to stay up to date on all our posts!
A coffee plant (or twelve) would be an amazing gift!! I’ve never thought of that before… and she (we) LOVES coffee!!
I need all the coffee every day. I can function without it but it’s like being in first gear on the highway
Ooo seeds! Always an excellent gift that keeps on giving! Great list!
Right?! Right before we bought this property my husband and kids got me a ton of seeds for mothers day. I was able to start a very small garden when we moved in and even got a couple peas and cucumbers
I love coffee. Since quitting sodas, coffee and Kombucha are my go to
Hannah Kimmel says
These are great ideas! I love seeds too! I also never thought of growing my own coffee plant before. What!? I’m looking into that right now 🙂
Laurrie with The RV Homestead says
What a great comprehensive guide for those of you that celebrate this day. Speaking from the perspective of losing my mother almost 25 years ago and my dear MIL going on 10 years ago, cherish the day with your mothers. I think the gift of time is the best one of all.
To all the mothers out there, enjoy your day.
These are some great ideas for birthdays and other holidays too! I would love any of these gifts!